Position Title: CAD/GIS Specialist
Classification: Professional Level I-V
Department: CAD-GIS /Laramie, WY
Category: Exempt or Hourly
Last Revised: May 17, 2018
This position provides added value services to the company through the implementation of CAD and GIS technology. This position provides CAD services to clients and co-workers as directed.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Understand and accept the Vision and Culture of the company and take an active role in company’s business development program.
- Will meet goals and objective as defined by CEO
- Works with the project managers and clients in a way which will promote the goals of teamwork, client satisfaction, continual company improvement, and profitability.
- Provide data and final product QA/QC to insure company standards are being adhered to.
- Will provide CAD/GIS support as a member of a project team for Project Managers.
- Cross trained in all of the aspects of Coffey’s services and the related duties/procedures
- Produces map products and analysis as needed to support needs of all functional areas in the organization.
- Makes oral and visual presentations to both internal staff as well as clients.
- At the direction of the CEO, may be assigned various IT duties.
- May be required to occasionally travel and work remotely.
- Management of Personnel Resources – Motivating, developing, and directing people as they work, identifying the best people for the job.
- Complex Problem Solving – Identifying complex problems and reviewing related information to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions.
- Critical Thinking – Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Active Listening – Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
- Systems Analysis – Determining how a system should work and how changes in conditions, operations, and the environment will affect outcomes.
- Strong understanding of cartographic principles, projections, data management, digital map production, hard copy presentations, and quality assurance/quality control.
- Knowledge of CAD drafting software and drawing techniques unique to the civil engineering and land surveying professions.
- Experience working with land records maintenance including land surveys, coordinate geometry (COGO) and reading legal descriptions.
- Familiar with GIS and its use
- Familiar with GIS and Survey grade GPS hardware and software.
- Knowledge of PC computing and networking.
- Reasoning Abilities – The ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. The ability to interpret an extensive array of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form that deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
- Comprehension/Expression – The ability to listen, to understand, and to communicate information and ideas through a variety of techniques and
processes. Ability to write reports, business correspondence and procedure manuals, and effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers and general public. The ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical publications, and governmental or agency regulations which may influence the functionality of the department.
Experience & Education:
- 3+ years professional experience using AutoCAD and ArcGIS software
- Familiarity of the Civil Engineering and Land Surveying Professions desired
- Experience with Civil 3D desired
- Experience with Microsoft Office Products required
- Valid Driver’s License
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee occasionally works in outside weather conditions, possibly for extended assignments.
- The noise level in the office work environment is usually moderate. The noise level on the construction site is often loud.