Position Title: Office Manager
Classification: Project Support II
Last Revised: June 4, 2018
Manages office functions as assigned and provides clerical, bookkeeping, and project support.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Will work with the surveying group, engineering group, support services, and administrative group as directed.
- Works with the Coffey staff and clients in a way which will promote the goals of team work, client satisfaction, continual company improvement, and profitability.
- Will follow established company procedures.
- Will provide clerical support as needed and directed.
- Will prepare written technical reports and project proposals as needed or assigned.
- Participate as needed in other departments as needed or directed.
- Will assist with Accounts Receivable including aging and collections. Applies payments and prepares bank deposits.
- Responsible for the preparation and distribution of invoices and monthly statements.
- Will assist with Accounts Payable and bookkeeping.
- Responsible as the software controller of the accounting software and computerized bookkeeping functions.
- Reconciles bank statements and Petty Cash. Debits, credits, and totals accounts. Prepares information for the firm’s CPA.
- Prepares and calculates data for management reports and budgets.
- Processes information for time entry, payroll, and client charges.
- Complies with federal, state, and company policies, procedures, and regulations.
- Performs multi-functional tasks as the manager may deem necessary including clerical duties such as copying, filing, handling routine correspondence, document preparation, answering telephones and general office organization.
- Complex Problem Solving – Identifying complex problems and reviewing related information to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions.
- Critical Thinking – Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Active Listening – Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
- Systems Analysis – Determining how a system should work and how changes in conditions, operations, and the environment will affect outcomes.
- Writing Ability – Must be capable of assisting in the preparation of technical reports and proposals with minimal supervision.
- Organization – Has high level organizational skills
- Independence – Must work independently at times
- Comprehension/Expression – The ability to listen, to understand, and to communicate information and ideas through a variety of techniques and processes.
- Ability to function as a team player.
- A self starter
- Familiar with bookkeeping terminology
- Detail oriented
- Organizational skills
Experience & Education:
- 3 to 5 years business/industry experience.
- Valid Driver’s License and clean driving record
- Associates degree in business, accounting, or applicable work experience desired.
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of the job.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee occasionally works in outside weather conditions, possibly for extended assignments.
- The noise level in the office work environment is usually moderate. The noise level on the construction site is often loud.
- Must be capable of climbing stairs.