Albany County, Wyoming
The Flying Y Ranch holds valuable Laramie River irrigation water rights, but the rights have not been used because a flow measuring device is needed at the irrigation ditch headgate, and it is too impractical to install the device at this location. The ranch owner needed help navigating the complex legal logistics of water rights and petitioning, so Coffey lent him an expert hand.
- Worked with the ranch owner and the Wyoming State Board of Control to:
- Research ranch water rights
- Complete landowner deed acquisition
- Petition for a change in point of diversion and means of conveyance for the water rights
- Submit the petition package to the Wyoming State Board of Control for review and approval